ITH-JP Skull and Shackles
- With respect with using the Intimidate skill to demoralize others, I am instituting two house rules:
- The fighter class ability Bravery (Ex) gives a bonus to saves vs fear effects, because fighters are non-magically (i.e. it’s an Ex ability, not an Su ability) tougher to scare. As a result, this bonus will also increase the DC of Intimidate checks to demoralize fighters.
- Use of the Intimidate skill requires self-confidence. As a result, if a character making an Intimidate check is under the influence of an effect that gives a penalty to saves vs Fear effects, the penalty will also apply to to the Intimidate check as a circumstance penalty. Similarly, the target(s) of an Intimidate check under such an influence will have the DC to intimidate them reduced by said penalty as a circumstance penalty.
- FYI, the general consensus on the Paizo rules forum is that Paladins with the Aura of Courage ability are immune to fear effects and as such cannot be intimidated (because Shaken is a fear effect). As long as the Aura of Courage is functioning, of course. (I don’t expect you to fighting any Paladins, but thought I’d share.)
- I am ruling that Sahuagin have the “amphibious” ability, which means they can breathe in air as well as water.